Monday, April 19, 2010

Blu Ray 2012

It has been awhile since my last post. But times have been busy. So, for the next week, I will be reviewing my top Blu Ray movies, AND in light of the following two months being Pride months, I will be reviewing the top Gay movies.

This weeks’ top Blu Ray movie is…
2012
When I first saw I was amazed. I saw it not only in digital projection, but in D-Box (which is a motion seat that moves with the movie) which made the movie experience even more grand. This is not only the best disaster movie ever made, but Roland Emmerichs’ (Day After Tomorrow, Godzilla) best movie since Independence Day. The movie doesn’t just work off of destroying everything, but it shows human emotions and how people can get together and try to survive. Yes; the movie also has all the destruction you’d expect from a movie like this, but it doesn’t reply on it solely.

The movie was released onto Blu Ray and DVD a little while ago, but this is at the top of my list of best Blu Rays to come out thus far this year (that is until Avatar is to be released later this week). The reason why this is a must buy on Blu Ray is because the transfer onto the Blu Ray disk is phenomenal; it super clear, especially in scenes like the destruction of LA or even the volcano exploding. There are few movies that blow me away that I just buy the DVD, but this was well worth the extra $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment